The Collegiate Recovery Community promotes courage, hope, and citizenship in order to support students in recovery from alcohol, drugs and all process addictions.
The Collegiate Recovery Community provides the all-inclusive college experience, helping students in recovery achieve success and excellence academically, professionally, and spiritually.
Goals of the MSU Collegiate Recovery Community
- To promote quality, sustainable recovery for students through comprehensive recovery support services.
- Educate recovering students, Mississippi State University as a whole, and the community at large about the disease of addiction and effective methods for recovery.
- Be of service to the University, state, and local community.
- Help recovering students develop the resiliency required to be successful in their academic, professional, and social lives.
- Contribute to research on addiction and the recovery process.
- Work to change the social environment which stigmatizes those in recovery from drugs, alcohol, and all process addictions.